Response by Rickey D. Holtsclaw, Houston PD/Retired…
Interesting perspective Tim, please permit me to respond to your comment by breaking the subject matter down chronologically…
1) The “Supreme Architect of the Universe” is named Jesus Christ or “Yeshua” – if you’re of a Jewish background.
2) No one in America possess the “liberty” to violate the rule of law and my stance/positioning against those who have internalized a false sense of entitlement and thus disobey that law is in no way “anti-liberty/pro-coercion position toward your [my] fellow man.” I am simply one who has experiential knowledge relevant to enforcement protocol concerning the behavior in question and therefore have taken a position of bridging the gap, the chasm, existing between the violator, enforcement and the millions of motorcycle noise beleaguered citizenry. If you’re offended by my stance or my positioning – that’s your problem!
3) The “policies” I advocate are not a “watered down form of violence aimed at achieving [my] preferred societal design by aggressing upon others’ freedoms” – No sir, the “policies” are actually defined as written/codified Federal and State criminal statutes that have been enacted by the United States Congress and State Legislatures across the United States.
Furthermore, it is not my “preferred societal design,” but the rule of law contains specific statutory elements specifically codified and enacted for the protection of the health and welfare and the quality of life of the American Citizenry.
Furthermore, and in fear of redundancy, your suggestion that I am “aggressing upon others’ freedoms” is indicative of one who either does not understand the concept of freedom in a societal structure based on the rule of law, or one who simply adheres to the ideology of Moral Relativism and naively assumes the rule of law does not apply to him or her. Both concepts being wholly incorrect and founded upon sheer hedonism, narcissism, selfishness and most likely, arrogance.
4) You err when you naively and ignorantly refer to my stance against the operation of an illegally loud motor vehicle on our public roadways as a “cause chaser.” The first and primary duty of our Government is to provide protection for its citizenry. The duty of the citizen is to first be obedient to the laws of the Sovereign and when the Sovereign is failing to provide protection for the citizenry, it is the obligation of the citizenry to appeal to the Government authority for intercession – hence our First Amendment Right and the security provided by the Fourteenth Amendment.
5) The destruction of one’s daily quality of life and the endangerment of one’s health and welfare by illegally equipped/illegally LOUD motorcycles may be considered by the uninformed and selfishly participatory as “frivolous,” but I can assure you that unregulated motor vehicle NOISE is the #1 destroyer of good daily quality of life standards for many millions of American Citizens and that same intrusive culprit spewed by the unregulated/modified motorcycle is especially dangerous to the physiology of our children, our elderly, our handicapped – our most innocent in society.
6) Your exclamation that you prefer a “freer, louder world and its occasional annoyances” further demonstrates your arrogance, selfishness, hedonism, narcissistic personality that reflects contempt for the quality of life of others and demonstrates a lifestyle of bully-based, irresponsible behavior.
Questions? Please see – Article: The Truth about Loud Motorcycles the Police Won’t or Can’t Tell You: https://rickeyholtsclaw.wordpress.com/2016/03/10/the-truth-about-loud-motorcycles-the-police-wont-or-cant-tell-you/
With all sincerity,
Rickey D. Holtsclaw, Houston PD/Retired
Concerned Citizens Against Loud Motorcycles – Facebook