1. National Review – article: “It Turns Out That a Less-Christian America Might Be a Worse America”http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/445870/it-turns-out-less-christian-america-might-be-worse-america
2. Conservative Tribune – article: “Justice Alito: Religious Liberty Is in Danger in America” http://conservativetribune.com/justice-breaks-silence-warning/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=PostSideSharingButtons&utm_content=2017-03-19&utm_campaign=websitesharingbuttons
3. The Blaze – article: “‘Candy-a**ed Christianity’ must end, author declares” http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/03/13/candy-aed-christianity-must-end-author-declares/
4. CharismaMagazine – article: “Here’s How the New Christian Left Is Twisting the Gospel” http://www.charismamag.com/life/culture/22494-how-the-new-christian-left-is-twisting-the-gospel
5. Christian News – article: “World’s First Transgendered Doll Unveiled at New York Toy Fair” http://christiannews.net/2017/02/20/worlds-first-transgender-doll-unveiled-at-new-york-toy-fair/
Fact: As long as Roe v. Wade (1973) is the law of the Land, America will continue to suffer in confusion, division, hatred, perversion and our Nation will ultimately destroy itself as a result of the Lord Jesus Christ having left us to our own devices – our own wickedness.
“There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.” Proverbs 14:12 (KJV)
“But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron, men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth.”(1 Timothy 4:1-3 NASB)
“For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,…” (2 Timothy 4:3 NASB)
Ten-Steps to America’s Demise
1) Our Founding Fathers who, contrary to historical revisionism, overwhelmingly trusted in the providence of the Lord Jesus Christ, initiated this “democratic experiment” we know as a Constitutional Republic with the vision that an overwhelming number of future American citizens would naturally seek honor and Patriotism as a result of having been redeemed by the righteousness of Christ Jesus. Christ Jesus was, after all, the all consuming focus of their life and their motives.
Alexis de Tocqueville
On April 16, 1859, French historian Alexis de Tocqueville died. After nine months of traveling the United States, he wrote Democracy in America in 1835, which has been described as “the most comprehensive … analysis of character and society in America ever written.”
Alexis de Tocqueville wrote: “Upon my arrival in the United States the religious aspect of the country was the first thing that struck my attention …
In France I had almost always seen the spirit of religion and the spirit of freedom marching in opposite directions.
But in America I found they were intimately united and that they reigned in common over the same country …” “The Americans combine the notions of Christianity and of liberty so intimately in their minds, that it is impossible to make them conceive the one without the other … They brought with them into the New World a form of Christianity which I cannot better describe than by styling it a democratic and republican religion.”
The fundamental orders of Connecticut, under which a provisional government was instituted in 1638-1639, commence with this declaration:
‘… And well knowing where a people are gathered together the word of God requires that to maintain the peace and union … there should be an orderly and decent government established according to God … to maintain and preserve the liberty and purity of the gospel of our Lord Jesus which we now profess … of the said gospel is now practiced amongst us.’
Updegraph v. The Commonwealth, it was decided that,
‘ Christianity, general Christianity, is, and always has been, a part of the common law … not Christianity with an established church … but Christianity with liberty of conscience to all men.’
Justice Brewer added:
“Or, as in sections 5 and 14 of article 7 of the constitution of Mississippi, (1832:)
‘No person who denies the being of a God, or a future state of rewards and punishments, shall hold any office in the civil department of this state …
Religion morality, and knowledge being necessary to good government, the preservation of liberty, and the happiness of mankind, schools, and the means of education, shall forever be encouraged in this state.’
… Or by article 22 of the constitution of Delaware, (1776) which required all officers, besides an oath of allegiance, to make and subscribe the following declaration:
‘I, A.B., do profess faith in God the Father, and in Jesus Christ His only Son, and in the Holy Ghost, one God, blessed for evermore; and I do acknowledge the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be given by divine inspiration.'”
2) Therefore, our Founding Fathers instituted a venerable Document that designs and emphasizes a very limited, small, tiered Federal Government encumbered with the primary responsibility of securing our borders and thus providing protection (domestic tranquility) for the citizenry through coordination with the States. Our Founding Fathers never envisioned an all powerful, intrusive, invasive, Federal Government that controlled and legislated every facet of American life…
3) Our Founding Fathers relied on the fact that it would be the redeemed heart of the Citizenry that would ultimately control behavior and thus we would enter into a civil-reciprocal contract with our State via the State Constitution – we, the servant, would agree to be obedient to the edicts of the State (the Sovereign) and to be faithful to pay our taxes – in turn – the State agrees to provide the servant with protection in order to pursue life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, to be productive and law abiding citizens. The rule of law, law enforcement, our criminal and civil courts, were to be the supervisors/mediators of this “contract” to ensure the contractual obligations were enforced/honored with negative reinforcement as a deterrent to the unredeemed/antisocial faction within society. Without an overwhelming number of American Citizens living in obedience to the edicts of Christ Jesus, there are not sufficient numbers of police officers, prosecutors or penal institutions to maintain peace and safety. America did a fairly good job of honoring this civil-reciprocal contract until the mid-to-late 1950’s…what happened?
4) In 1962, Engel v. Vitale (1962), the United States kicked the Lord Jesus Christ out of our public schools and replaced Him with Darwinian Evolutionary Theory in 1963. This rejection of the Truth and implementation of “the lie” naturally resulted in confusion and a loss of respect for life and the rule of law as well as our fellowman. The subsequent decade reflects a loss of respect for the law, our Federal Government and the United States as a whole…and an introduction of “Moral Relativism”…discussed in a moment.
5) In 1973, the Federal Government via SCOTUS, entered into a criminally co-conspiratorial relationship with a mom and an abortionist via Roe v. Wade (1973). Subsequent to this unconstitutional SCOTUS decision, which denies the unborn child their 5th and 14th Amendment “due process” protections, the United States Government along with the mom and her abortionist criminally conspired to torture, burn to death, mutilate, dismember, 60-million American children, primarily in the name of selfish convenience. Scriptural truism: Jesus Christ hates the hands that shed innocent blood. (Proverbs 6:16-19)
6) Ironically, it was also in 1973 that the American Psychiatric Association removed Homosexuality from its list of Mental Disorders.
7) Subsequent to Roe v. Wade (1973), the United States witnessed an incremental and systematic infusion of rampant, unencumbered, sexual perversion that sought legitimization through legislation and eventually became known as the Lesbian-Gay-Bisexual-Transsexual-Queer Cult[ure] in America (LGBTQ). Understand this little known Biblical truism – the unencumbered proliferation of rampant sexual perversity in a Nation is a tell-tale sign that our Lord Jesus Christ has, for all intent and purpose, turned away from that Nation and removed His hand of blessing, sustenance, protection, provision, promise…see Romans 1:18-32. In other words, unencumbered homosexuality/lesbianism in a Nation is indicative of a curse.
8) Having rejected the teaching/instruction/edicts of the Holy Bible and its Author in 1962, American society was systematically infused with a demonic ideology best described as “Moral Relativism.” This “if it feels good, do it” ideology permeated entire generations via Hollywood, printed media, popular music and our public education system with an emphasis in our Universities. There is an ongoing debate whether or not this “brainwashing” of America was the direct result of Communist, Cold War, KGB tactics to undermine American Democracy, but that’s another forum involving Senator McCarthy and FBI Director Hoover…no time or motivation to delve into McCarthyism at this juncture…
9) Finally, in 2015, our Federal Government via another unconstitutional SCOTUS decision, Obergefell v. Hodges (2015), made the affirmative decision to spit in the face of the Lord Jesus Christ one more time and usurped His Holy Covenant of Marriage between one-man, one-woman and subsequently recognized every form of sexually aberrant perversity as a covenant of marriage…additional evidence that the Lord has left us to our own devices and that we will inevitably reap what we have sown.
10) Today, we have a “Less Christian America – a Worse America” that is on the brink of implosion as a result of the tragedies involving public policy beginning in 1962 with our rejection of the Lord Jesus Christ. We now have an entire generation of American Citizens, the majority of whom, deny Christ and even express visceral hatred and rejection of the very idea of Christianity. Latest statistics suggest that as few as 25% of America’s population are truly Christian or have any idea what that concept actually entails. The prevailing ideology in America today is Socialism with its mandated Atheism undergirded by the tenets of Moral Relativism – our Millennial Generation has been the subject of mass historical revisionism and they have been thoroughly infused with the foundations of Socialism; our Millennial Generation is morally bankrupt, posses a warped sense of “freedoms,” is spiritually lost, educationally ignorant, lazy, lustful, anti-American and absorbed in hedonism and narcissism. Far too many of our young men in America have been so “feminized” and confused that they could not whip their way out of a wet paper bag! America’s young women defy Genesis 3:16b and strive for masculine roles while our men dress in skinny jeans and worry about the appearance of their buttocks.
We, the Baby-Boomers, have no one to blame but ourselves, especially those of us who name the Name that is above all Names, the Lord Jesus Christ. We have sat quietly by while our enemy, Lucifer, has robbed us of our Sovereignty; robbed us of our Posterity; defiled our once beautiful Land with the blood of innocent children; captured the hearts and minds of millions of American men and women who have devastated their lives by compromising with “the lie” and have unwittingly pursued the aberrant lust of their hearts and their flesh to the exclusion of the ONLY One who truly loves them and can provide them with a life and eternity of hope, peace and fulfillment…the Lord Jesus Christ.
Ultimately, America will go the way of Rome of antiquity, we will collapse militarily, monetarily, morally and ethically – our posterity, those who are not redeemed, will suffer immensely and they will never understand the concept of America the Beautiful, One Nation under God, Indivisible with liberty and justice for all…and it’s OUR FAULT fellow Christians because we failed to stand and fight for our Lord!!!
Related article: “Trump’s Travel Ban & Liberal Lunacy by the Numbers” See: https://rickeyholtsclaw.wordpress.com/2017/03/18/trumps-travel-ban-liberal-lunacy-by-the-numbers/
Thank you for permitting me to rant,
Rick Holtsclaw, Houston PD/Retired